What the Salsa Box Tiny House Plans Include
- Trailer detail (including bolt hole connections, framing and axle placement, and thermal break detail)
- Detailed framing elevations for all sides
- Floor framing plan
- Full roof framing schedule
- “Hold Down” schedule
- Detailed roof and wall insulation detail
- Rain screen detail
- Flashing detail
- Window installation detail (including one skylight and two operable windows for cross ventilation)
- Floor plan including a double bed with an optional children’s bunk
- Exterior finish detail
- Detail for 3’ fold-down porch and 3’ folding living roof (both are removable)
- Suggested materials list for siding and framing
Weight and Trailer Recommendations
The dimensions are 7’4” x 12’2” on a 5,000 lb. rated, single axle trailer. Iron Eagle Trailers builds our favorite tiny house trailers out there, and Derin from Shelter Wise and Dee from PAD even helped them design their trailers to be perfect for tiny homes. Tell them PAD sent you, and you’ll get $50 off your order.
The Salsa Box plans do not include plumbing or electrical diagrams, built-ins, bed design details, or appliance and equipment schedule. Why not? Because we encourage you to install tiny house systems, storage and features that will fit your unique needs, not someone else’s. The photos of the interior serve as examples of what’s possible, but the interior layout is slightly different in the plans. The sky’s the limit, make it your own!
With all of our plans, we recommend a copy of Go House Go, our how-to manual for building a tiny house on wheels. It’s the book Dee wished existed when she built her little house, and she wrote it to save everybody else all the time and trouble that she went through to figure out how to build smart and safe.
Returns and Conditions of Sale
Please note that all sales are final on digital products and returns are not available. Because, let’s be honest, there’s really no such thing as “returning” a digital product. We offer quality products at a great price, and we think you’ll be happy with them. If you have specific questions or concerns about a product before purchasing, just contact us and we’ll do our best to answer so you know exactly what you’re getting.