What the PDF Plans Include:
- Plans for a 20’ & 24’ long house, both 8.5’ wide, with eaves that extend to 9′-11.5″. Read PAD’s blog post on Tiny House Towing to understand more about tiny house width restrictions.
- Detailed interior and exterior elevation drawings for all sides
- Detailed trailer connection instructions
- Wall framing elevations
- Roof framing plans
- Cross sections of the wall, roof and floor
- Structural fastener details
- Framing package design
- Window and door schedule
- A built-in exterior utility hub with space for electrical panel, water heater, and propane tank to fit out-of-sight
- Suggested floor plan with appliance placement suggestions, double loft placements, full kitchen, space for laundry machines, a bar seating area with counter, and lots of creative storage solutions
- An energy efficient design
- Room for bathroom sink in 24’ model
- Egress window in 24’ model (so it can be RV certified)
These plans do not include electrical diagrams, plumbing diagrams, or exterior finish materials. These plans are a license to build one house, and contain all of the essential nuts and bolts to get you a solid, extremely energy-efficient tiny home that is completely customizable to your tastes. Professional builders interested in building multiple houses should contact us about a Volume Builder’s License for our tiny house plans.
What the PDF Plans + Editable SketchUp Model Includes:
All of the above, as well as a thoughtfully created, fully editable SketchUp model of the 24′ Cider Box Tiny House created by the Tiny Nest Project, with oversight and full approval by Shelter Wise. This model is an incredibly-useful companion to the Cider Box Tiny House PDF Plans, but not a literal 1:1 translation – it includes some slight optimizations to the original design to minimize construction waste.
New to SketchUp? The Tiny Nest SketchUp Tutorial, available from TinyNestProject.com, is the ideal companion to this model for new SketchUp users. Jake from Tiny Nest is a great communicator and skilled SketchUp practitioner, and his tutorial teaches you to use the program and model just like he does.
Weight and Trailer Recommendations
When choosing a trailer for the Cider Box 20′ or 24′, Shelter Wise recommends 7,000 lb axles each, for a 14,000 lb total carrying capacity. The trailer will still carry at 10,000 lb GVWR (Gross vehicle weight rating) but will travel better and safer with higher rated axles. Iron Eagle Trailers builds our favorite tiny house trailers out there, and Derin from Shelter Wise and Dee from PAD even helped them design their trailers to be perfect for tiny homes. Tell them PAD sent you, and you’ll get $50 off your order.
With all of our plans, we recommend a copy of Go House Go, our how-to manual for building a tiny house on wheels. It’s the book Dee wished existed when she built her little house, and she wrote it to save everybody else all the time and trouble that she went through to figure out how to build smart and safe.
Returns and Conditions of Sale
Please note that all sales are final on digital products and returns are not available. Because, let’s be honest, there’s really no such thing as “returning” a digital product. We offer quality products at a great price, and we think you’ll be happy with them. If you have specific questions or concerns about a product before purchasing, just contact us and we’ll do our best to answer so you know exactly what you’re getting. View the Terms and Conditions tab for the complete terms and conditions of this plan set.